ARX For Hospitality
The hospitality industry stores a lot of sensitive customer data including names, addresses, and credit card details. 46% of customers say their confidence in a hotel’s cyber defence influence if they book a stay there, according to the Morphisec Hospitality Guest Threat Index of 2019.
From online reservation bookings to their presence on social media, though digitalisation and on-cloud presence is benefiting the industry, the industry, in recent times, has paid huge dividends for not combating cybersecurity effectively.
It requires a commitment from the organisation and a strong security system to ward off cyber threats.
Hotels run a massive number of endpoints and remote connections. HVAC controls, wifi systems, alarms, and electronic doors - each of them provide cybercriminals with an opportunity to gain entry into a hotel’s network. Added to this is the fact that every individual regional hotel is directly connected to the company’s global network; all it takes is for one employee at one hotel to make a mistake and the entire network is compromised. Here are a few of the biggest challenges facing the sector:
Complex Ownership Structures
The ownership structure in the industry is quite complex with franchises, individuals and groups being the key stakeholders. Each of them has different computer systems to store and share information. Hackers can gain access to these systems through any of these networks, and affect the entire corporate network.
Dependence on Card Payments
The hospitality industry is extremely reliant on cards as a form of payment. Cybercriminals infect the point-of-sale systems with malware that scrapes the card information. 20 out of the top 21 high-profile breaches that have occurred since 2010 have been a result of this.
Due to the high attrition rate in the industry, it poses a challenge to the hotel to maintain teams of properly trained employees. This paves the way for third parties to easily lay their hands on confidential customer data.
The ARX Advantage
Since, in this industry, there are a number of stakeholders involved, and each of them has to access the database for seamless processing of a request, they would all stand to gain a lot from a Single Sign-On (SSO) system.
Since, in this industry, there are a number of stakeholders involved, and each of them has to access the database for seamless processing of a request, they would all stand to gain a lot from a Single Sign-On (SSO) system. Be it managing the front end system using their credentials, logging into employee portal, raising requests, or registering complaints, SSO would prove truly beneficial.
With the Single Sign-On (SSO), instead of a password for every application, users have one password to remember. With that single sign-on, they can get access to all their applications. SSO assures that the users have a strong password. It also eliminates the need of a middleman to reset passwords time and again.
SSO makes IT’s life easier and the hotel more secure.
- We provide efficient, cost-effective and nimble identity infrastructure for IT at the hotel
- Help users increase their productivity as they can seamlessly connect to multiple IT resources using the same credentials
- Mitigate risk of having lost, weak and shared passwords, by restricting access to services via various intelligent integrations like OAuth, SAML, and RSA
Enforce Strong Authentication
In the hospitality industry, there has been a paradigm shift from on-premises technologies to cloud-based software.
Enforce Strong Authentication
In the hospitality industry, there has been a paradigm shift from on-premises technologies to cloud-based software. Multiple users access the data through their smartphones and tablets, which poses a risk to the network security. There are employees and there are customers as well who share data through insecure or unsanctioned channels. By enabling multi-factor authentication, the hotel can have control on who accesses what amount of data.
MFA creates multiple layers of security, resulting in efficient and diligent authentication. This ensures that the user requesting access is actually who they claim to be. With MFA, a cybercriminal may steal one credential, but will be thwarted by having to verify identity in a different manner.MFA is an effective way to provide enhanced security for all your IT resources including cloud, on-premise and mobile.
- We help enable ‘MFA Everywhere’ on-premise with our strong integration support
- Starting from simple question-answers to fingerprint authentication and random pin generation device, any of these can be deployed for the MFA needs. All these can be configured using easy steps
According to 2020 Cost of Insider Threats Global Report released by the Ponemon Institute recently, the overall cost of insider threats is expected to increase manifold by 31 percent from $8.76 million in 2018 to $11.45 million in 2020.
According to 2020 Cost of Insider Threats Global Report released by the Ponemon Institute recently, the overall cost of insider threats is expected to increase manifold by 31 percent from $8.76 million in 2018 to $11.45 million in 2020. The number of incidents as well is expected to increase by 47 percent in just two years, from 3,200 in 2018 to 4,700 in 2020. There is a solution to mitigate such risk – a robust user management system.
Leveraging automated user management also streamlines role-based access control. This ensures a seamless user experience. Along with security suite features like authentication, access controls, privileges, entitlements, single sign-on & security policies and activity auditing across organisation, they can also create an error-free workflows as well.
With a better User Management,
- Bulk onboarding with exact required privileges can be performed easily
- Deboarding at ease without any worries
- With maker-checker workflow, one can be absolutely sure who is going to do what
Visibility, Detection and Response
Based on statistics from across the hospitality industry, a cyber-attack happens every 39 seconds, 291 data records are stolen every second, $148 is the average cost of each stolen data record and $3.86 million is the average cost of a cyber-attack.
Visibility, Detection and Response
Based on statistics from across the hospitality industry, a cyber-attack happens every 39 seconds, 291 data records are stolen every second, $148 is the average cost of each stolen data record and $3.86 million is the average cost of a cyber-attack. An organisation cannot wait for an attack to happen for them to take action. They need to prepare, detect and analyse, contain and eradicate the risks and the breaches.
ARX helps you do just that. With lifecycle managed users, Access Controls and Authorisation Access can be easily managed and mapped. Along with a maker-checker workflow, the educational institution will also have visibility on how that is done and by whom. With a clear visibility and detection mechanism in place, they can also respond to any threat, which otherwise could leave them exposed.
- One-stop shop for single login for users and one unified identity infrastructure for IT
- Integration with existing security tools
- Maker-checker workflow helps identify unusual and suspicious behaviours
- ARX API services can be used to enrich and extend the cyber security ecosystem; this is supported by helping to generate extensive reports for a deep dive into what is happening
- Can be easily integrated with the existing application with ARX using REST APIs for:
- Primary Authentication
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- User Management
- Password Management
- Validate and Get Entitlement
- Role-based access control –granular application-level access controls using entitlement policies that can be assigned to roles
- Users get access to resources based on their role. Access rights are grouped by role name, and access to resources is restricted to users who have been authorised to assume the
Try our state-of-the-art ARX suite of security services which will provide you with end-to-end security for user identification, authentication, single sign on, authorisation and entitlements.